Buoy Salon and Spa has always upheld the strictest of hygiene etiquette, but due to Covid-19 we have had to put in some extra measures to ensure your safety, and the safety of our staff too help eradicate this virus.
Below is our current proposed plan for when Buoy Salon and Spa goes into Level 2.
Here is what Buoy is planning to do...
- We are planning to work in shifts of different bubbles to enable us to have less staff and less clients occupying the salon and spa at one time.
- Staff will be wearing PPE where necessary.
- All staff will have their temperature checked and asked a series of questions to ensure no Covid-19 symptoms are present before each shift. If there is a negative outcome they will be sent home till cleared of Covid-19 (a possibility of 2 weeks).
- We are unable to supply refreshments or magazines, to help limit the amount of touchpoint within the salon and spa to stop the spread.
- We are looking to use biodegradable, disposable, one-use towels.
- Every cape and gown washed in between each service (as they already were).
- Hand washing and sanitisation between each client.
- Full sanitisation of tools, brushes, service area, basin, in between each clients service/use.
- We will still be offering contactless product delivery and pickup.
What do we expect from YOU the client...
- If your unwell please stay at home.
- Upon arriving at Buoy you will be asked a series of questions and your temperature will be checked contactlessly. If there is a negative outcome your appointment will have to be rescheduled.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time to go through these prechecks.
- If you are late your appointment may not take place due to level 2 strict time constraints.
- Due to no magazines/refreshments on offer please feel free to bring your own and your own device to use.
- Please use the hand sterilisers provided before entering the salon and periodically throughout your service in the salon and spa.
- Please also be aware that your details will be kept on record (as they always are), but for contact tracing purposes in compliance with the government regulations and be handed over to a government agency should they need it.
- Please also come alone to your appointment where possible. We will not be allowing guests or extra visitors that don't have an appointment with Buoy.
- Due to the Covid-19 lockdown hitting our business hard and the delicate nature of bringing it back from this, we have decided that we need to charge a $2 surcharge to help us cover the cost of the very expensive disposable PPE and sanitation to perform your services safely.
We are in crazy times and want to get back to being our fabulous selves with you, our Buoy family. Complying with our new system and working together as a team will ensure that this happens sooner rather than later.